Thermally Conductive tape
Thermally Conductive Acrylic Foam Tape for LED units
Thermally Conductive Tape Solutions
Our range of thermally conductive acrylic foam tape has been designed to offer superior transfer of heat for LED units, heat sinks and other electrical components.
Preferred Choice for Design Engineers
Requirements for lighter weight materials, improved heat dissipation and rapid assembly makes thermally conductive acrylic foam tape the preferred choice for applications throughout the automotive, electronics, aerospace, and defence industries.
Advancements in adhesive tape technology is revolutionising manufacturing and assembly techniques. Demands for reducing size, weight and costs whilst increasing functionality means joining methods such as mechanical fixers and two-part adhesives are being replaced by adhesive tape solutions.
Tecman's Thermally Conductive Tape Solutions
Tecman is at the forefront of developing thermally conductive tape solutions to provide superior heat transfer for LED units and electronic components.
Typical Applications for Thermally Conductive Acrylic Foam Tape
- Bonding transformers, transistors to printed circuit board assemblies or heat sink
- Bonding heat spreaders and other cooling devices to IC packages, power transistors, and other heat generating components
- LED signage
- LED/PDP modules
- Backlit display screens including TV displays
- Thermal transfer in battery cell unit
Key Benefits of Thermally Conductive Acrylic Foam Tape
- Excellent bond strength for components
- Instant bond with no curing time
- Clean quick application, no mixing of formula
- Does not harden, dry out or melt
- Does not seep eliminating risk of high contact resistance, arcing or mechanical wear
- Conformable foamed acrylic carrier for improved surface contact and superior resistance to thermal expansion and contraction
- High thermal conductivity 0.6 W/(m/K)
- Replaces traditional thermal grease and mechanical clasps/fixings
- Replaces thermally conductive epoxies and liquid adhesives
- Available as bespoke die cut parts
- Can be used in conjunction with copper and other thermally conductive metallic substrates
Unrivalled Technical Support
Our application engineers have an in-depth understanding of the materials and applications and extensive experience working along-side design engineers to specify adhesive tape based solutions for bonding heat generating components to heat sinks or other cooling devises.