Tecman Speciality Materials Ltd is a rapidly growing manufacturing SME, focused on end-to-end support of its customers from engineering and technical support to high volume manufacturing. Predominant industries are both Wind Energy and Automotive with a particular focus on the rapidly evolving EV market. Working directly with OEM’s we become a trusted advisor to all functions supporting our customers to lead in their field.
The NPI Engineer will be responsible for developing and managing the NPI process, from concept to commercialisation. This will include working closely with cross-functional teams to define product requirements, developing and validating manufacturing processes, and ensuring product quality.
The NPI Engineer is also responsible for managing the transition of new products from R&D to mass production and for the cradle-to-grave management of NPI activities within Tecman. This is inclusive of the initial cost estimation phase and must ensure that both customer and Tecman operational requirements are achieved.
The role incorporates management of engineering change control and its subsequent release into the operation.
- 25+ days of annual leave
- Flexible working hours available on request
- Department performance related bonus
- Professional development opportunities
- Early finish on Fridays
- Auto-Enrolment Company Pension Scheme
- On-site staff canteen and parking
- Free breakfast and snacks!
- Variety –no day will be the same!
3. Key Skills
- Degree, HND (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering or a related field
- 3 -5 years of experience in a similar NPI Role in Automotive or similar industry
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and assembly processes
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Working knowledge and experience of FMEA, DFM/DFA, APQP, PPAP
- Working knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing tools
- Working knowledge and experience of ISO / IATF Audits and Procedures
- Microsoft Office Tools
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Applies an organised approach within the work environment
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Possess problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent Team player as well as being able to work effectively under your own initiative
- Able to apply SMART working practices
4. Core Responsibilities
- NPI Acceptance handover from Sales (Contract Review)
- NPI Product Launch, Control and Monitoring
- Production, Control and Monitoring of NPI Timing Plans
- Support to Sales during early-stage Feasibility reviews
- Serve as the technical expert for new product development projects providing Engineering support from concept through to Volume Production
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key project stakeholders, including customers, sales, marketing and manufacturing
- Lead and participate in cross-functional project teams to deliver new products to market on time and within budget
- Support the Generation of detailed engineering specifications, drawings, and instructions for new products
- Support the Design, development and validation of new products, processes and tooling using DFSS/DMAIC methodology
- Support root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions for processes and products
- Support the Investigation, evaluation and recommendation of new technologies and methods to improve NPI Process
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to reduce cost and improve quality
- Lead APQP activities and initiatives at Tecman
- Participate in design reviews, FMEAs, and other NPI activities such as Process Flows and Control Plans
How to Apply for this Position:
If you are ready to start your career at Tecman Speciality Materials Ltd, then please apply:
Apply for this position